Stepping Stones Growth Center received a Three Year Accreditation from CARF in January 2018!
Areas of Strength:
- “The organization’s job coaches have developed excellent rapport with the consumers. Many consumers shared that their job coaches are accommodating and accessible.”
- “SSGC offers a vast assortment of person-centered programs and auxiliary services to fully support the consumer’s needs. The organization is commended for focusing on providing integrated and community-based training and employment opportunities. Holistic services offered by the organization include independent living services and travel training.
- “Stakeholders acclaim the benefits provided through the hire steps program, which focuses on developing soft skills, work readiness training, and volunteering. The program provides an opportunity for consumers to develop skills to meet their highest potential and focuses on meeting the consumer at their individual level. Funders rave about this service and share that it leads to successful and long-term employment placements.
- “Employers commend the benefit of the job coach’s support for the consumers and often hire multiple consumers from SSGC, which is the highest compliment a community employer can make of the program.
- “The organization is fortunate to have an extremely engaged and dedicated board of directors.”
- “SSGC employs culturally diverse staff members, which enhances the relationships between the staff members and the consumers.”
- “Many staff members long tenure with the organization, and many job coaches have been employed for 15 to 20 years. The common element of why staff members reported staying with SSGC was their admiration and enjoyment of working with the consumers.”
- “The organization’s leadership team is savvy with using data to move SSGC forward, while responding to the consumer’s needs. SSGC is fortunate to have a dedicated leadership team, led by an individual with the drive, determination, and skills to take the organization to the next level.”
- “There is strong evidence of teamwork, mutual respect, cooperation, and open communication demonstrated throughout the organization. Program staff members describe the management team as approachable, empathetic, and supportive. The team approach is evident in conversation, case notes, team meetings, and comments from the consumers.”
CARF is an independent, nonprofit accreditor of health and human services, enhancing the lives of the persons served worldwide.
The accreditation process applies CARF’s internationally recognized standards during on-site survey conducted by peer surveyors. Accreditation, however, is an ongoing process that distinguishes a provider’s service delivery and signals to the public that the provider is committed to continuous performance improvements, responsive to feedback, and accountable to the community
and its other stakeholders.
CARF accreditation promotes providers’ demonstration of value and Quality Across the Lifespan of millions of persons served through application of rigorous organizational and program standards organized around the ASPIRE to Excellence continuously quality improvement framework. CARF accreditation has been the recognized benchmark of quality health and human services for more than 50 years.
For more information or to contact CARF, please visit www.carf.org/contact-us.